Cookie buffets are a trend-turning-classic. Who doesn’t love edible favors that AREN’T stale jordan almonds?
Cookie, Cookie, Cookie – cookie starts with C! Whoops! Too much Sesame Street for this Mama! 🙂
Anyhoo, cookie buffets are awesome, because they’re a favor AND reception eye candy AND a great DIY project. Also, this is a great way to incorporate family members – maybe ask the ladies you love to donate a couple dozen of their signature creations! (psst – this makes your life WAY easier!)
HOW TO MAKE A COOKIE BUFFET
- collect glass containers and cake stands of various heights and shapes. Try thrift stores as well as home goods stores and craft departments.
- Collect small boxes (or large books) to place underneath the cookie jars and stagger the heights some more for visual interest
- get tablecloths in your chosen colours (white is standard)
- create a banner to swag across the table (“love is sweet” or “mr + mrs” or “come get some”…joking)
- use your printer or scrapbook paper and ribbons to make festive labels for each cookie jar
- gather tongs and mini paper bags or cardboard take out boxes (try Michaels) for guests to put their cookies inside
- make sure to incorporate your wedding colours and theme – try placing decorative elements (flowers, pom-poms, vintage objects) around the table
- signage! Chalkboard or printed, a cute and clever sign takes your buffet to the next level!