If you have been following this blog, you know that I love cloth diapering my children! I’m always happy to share my experiences with products, especially with new mamas! This time, I’m reviewing a “Sweet Peas One Size Diaper Cover.” I bought this diaper, and my opinions are my own.
I’m a two-time cloth-diapering mama. I’ve used almost every system out there, from old-fashioned birdseye flats and dritz pins, prefolds, bamboo fitteds, china cheapies, fitted diapers, and pocket diaper. I know what I’m doing, and tend to be an evangelist.
Is 9 months old, 30″ tall and about 18 lbs (tall and slim with normal thighs). She’s always been an extremely heavy wetter (12-15 diapers a day, close to 40 a day as a young baby), and is VERY sensitive to wetness and tight elastics.
Sweet Pea One Size Diaper Cover Review
Diaper covers are required with some sorts of cloth diapers, used to keep your baby’s clothing dry. If you are using flats with pins (old-school! holla!), prefolds with snappis, or fitted diapers (absorbent all around), you’re going to need a cover.
The Sweet Pea one-size cover is designed to be fit babies from 10-38lbs. You use the rows of snaps along the waist and rise (vertical) to customize the cover to fit your baby. There is a double gusset to contain messes. It’s made of PUL throughout, so you can wipe it clean between diaper changes and not wash it after one wear. This means you’ll need fewer covers for your stash (economical!) It is priced around $13 currently, which is pretty standard for covers.
What I love about the Sweet Pea Diaper Cover:
- Lots of snaps for customization. Snaps are harder for toddlers to undo, compared to velcro
- Wipe -clean interior
- A good variety of colours and prints
- fits over bulky fitted diapers!! This is one of the only diapers that fits over a large Sandy’s fitted!
- Washes well
- gusset to help catch messes
- Four snaps on each diaper wing (side) means 8 snaps to do up…that can be fussy and tricky with a squirmy older baby or toddler
- Kind of baggy – but that’s because this cover fits over lots of different diapering options, which is a good thing. 🙂
Would I recommend these to others?
Would I recommend someone to make a whole stash of just these? Yes, if you are looking for an economical one-size cover for your prefolds or fitteds. For full-time use, you’d probably want 4-6. If you think you may want something trimmer, check out the Bummis Simply Lite Cover as well!