On your wedding morning, it’s really natural to be nervous, excited, happy, tearful, and a combination of all of those emotions. You want to be surrounded by your loved ones, but at the same time, there will most likely come a point where you get overwhelmed and you just want everyone to back.off.already. 🙂 There’s going to be a lot of things going on around you, people asking opinions, flowers being delivered, makeup that needs fixing, moms that need hugging…. nevermind focusing on yourself and this special moment!
One piece of advice I always give my brides is this:
If you have the option to get ready in a hotel on your wedding day, DO IT!
Better yet, if you are staying in town on your wedding night, rent a bridal suite for the night before your wedding as well. That way, you can have a slumber party with your bridesmaids on your wedding ‘eve and get ready together in the morning. Room service cleans up while you’re off getting wed, and VOILA! Awesome suite for your wedding night, too!
A lot of girls (myself included), like the idea of getting ready at home. You imagine, perhaps, a Father of the Bride scenario: idyllic, calm, surrounded by memories…. Except, in reality, getting ready at home can be really stressful, messy, and chaotic – especially if you have relatives staying with you for the wedding. Yikes! Getting ready at a hotel removes you from the hub-bub and puts you in neutral, new environment. You can’t fit as many people in a hotel suite, the cleaning is taken care of, and service people are ready to help you whenever you need it. Calm. Breath out. AHHHHHHH.
Some other reasons why getting ready in a hotel ROCKS:
- it’s clean. No having to scrub down and organize the pre-wedding mess in your home (ditto for your parents, if you were thinking of using their home – don’t they have enough to worry about?)
- The decorations are usually classic and spartan. This makes for great images that focus on you and your emotions!
- It’s relaxing. Did I already say that? 🙂
- If you opt for a hotel room with windows, the light will almost certainly be PERFECT for your getting ready pictures!
- Big fluffy robes, room service, champagne and strawberries…sounds like a great way to wake up!
- You can concentrate on living in the moment and focus on what really matters – getting ready for the biggest day of your life thus far!